The cash app is of prime use for those who want to make cashless payments and bank transfers. You can transfer money to someone’s bank account directly through your account. Also, the procedure to use the cash app is simple as well as user friendly. Despite all these facilities, sometimes cash app users experience major issues with their accounts. These days we are getting too many concerned about a closed or locked account. Therefore, in this blog, we will tell you the process to reopen a closed cash App account.
It gets troubling for users when they are not able to access their cash app account. If you are one of them then you can follow the below steps to
Unlock and reopen a closed cash App account
- First of all, users have to download the cash app application from the play store. After that, create an account on the cash app using the information of your locked account. Make sure to use the same name, contact number, email address, and other things. Even the linked bank account or debit card should be the same.
- After creating the account go to the profile section showing on the top left corner of the screen
- Here you will see a list of options to manage your account.
- Scroll down the menu and click on the “Contact support” option.
- After that, you have to select the “Can’t access the account” option to submit a merging request. You can also mention your issue in the description box by clicking on the “Something else” option.
- Finally, submit the request.
After submission of the merging request, the cash app team will review your request at their end. Also, they will contact you by email or on a live call to verify other details related to your account. They can ask anything related to any of your accounts. So, make sure to give the correct information to hassle-free merge your account.
If they get satisfied with your information and found all details are correct then they will process your merging request. Also, you will get an email for the confirmation of merging. After that, you can use your old cash app account to transfer money and make other payments.
I hope the provided steps are sufficient to help you in unlocking your old or closed cash app account. Moreover, if your account is locked because of any other reason then you can contact the support team for this. They will help you to find the reason and unlock your account with easy methods.
What happens if money is sent to a closed cash app account?
Several times we send money to our friends without confirming their cash app’s registered number. When we later contact them whether they received the money or not then we get to know that the account in which we sent the money has been locked a long time ago. This can be troubling if you do not know where the money will go. We would like to tell you that the money sent to a closed account will be helped by the linked bank account. You can anytime contact the card provider or bank to receive the funds.
Moreover, if you have changed your debit card number associated with the linked bank account then the money will be deposited into the cash app wallet. Further, you can transfer this money to any bank account through direct deposit. Also, we request you to contact the cash app support team to know the complete procedure of direct deposit.